Jul 9, 2012

It's finally summer :D

Hey everyone! I finally had my post graduation exam, where I scored 9.91 form 10. I think that`s a good grade, I`m happy with it ^^ .

Finally it`s summer time for me too!!!! :D That`s why I prepared for you a simple beach dress in addition to your swim wear. It`s easy to make and it looks good. This model is from Burda Style, but you can add any design you want.
 
 The final dress will look something like this:

Step1: Choose your material.


I like this one because it got a Greek style and  it`s simple. I recommend for you chiffon or veil for this dress, it`s looking more flowy and transparent. If you are choosing satin as mine the dress going to look more like a street dress loosing flowyness.

Step 2: Fix the margins and sew it all around.


Step 3: Fold the material for the corresponding measure.


Measure yourself and add 5-10 cm for the width of the dress.

Step 4: Measure 25cm from the top of the dress and draw a horizontal line on the material.




Step 5: Put rubber thread in your sewing machine:


 Sew along the line you just drew. When you finished up the sewing it`s going to look like this:


For the top of the dress you can choose between rubber thread with double sewing or silicon rubber band.



Good luck with this little project! ^^

No comments: