May 15, 2013

Daalarna


Hey guys! Have you heard of Daalarna? :D If you had, then you are from Hungary possibly. 

She is a Hungarian designer and last month she had her show. I was honored when I got the invitation from Beango. We were standing in the front row to admire the nice colors and garments. Daalarna presented bride and bridesmaid dresses and underwear.

The inspiration for this collection was the 60s. She wanted to show the usual bikini and corsage from that age. Her point of view was interesting based on the color combination. She used silver, blue and brown for example. Studying the form of the dresses, she showed simplicity and sexuality.

The collection showed the beauty and form of the women body mostly by using transparent material and lace for rendering femininity and sexuality. The basic materials were silk and lace.



The color palette was mostly cold when it came about the bride, but the bridesmaid dresses were full of hot and playing colors which showed the balance and the character between the bride and bridesmaid.

I felt the game between sexuality, personality and love, just like in the real life. The dresses were poorly executed instead, but I was wowed by the message and garment so I didn't concentrate on the quality.




















After the show I met Hungarian bloggers and we talked about fashion blogging mostly...but about this I will write in my next post... so stay tuned!




No comments: