May 2, 2013

Style Mile kid collection

Hi everyone! SM released the kid collection in December I wrote about it on the blog. I think it’s time for the SM to reveal all the secrets and show all the collections step by step. This week I will talk about the kid collection and my experience in Budapest for the second time.

I prepared the collection for the ReMese program I mentioned before; after I entered in the program I started studying children cloths and the Hungarian history, which changed my point of view, also I have started to develop the garments. The dresses are made of recycled materials and handmade embroidery. The materials I got from a second hand shop and they are actually bed sheets, curtains and unused old textiles. After tailoring I added different techniques to hide the quality of the material.

For me this program meant a different approach as usually my designs are for women in their 30s. Entering in the children world was a change for me. 

For this collection I was inspired by Mathews King. All the stories about him are about his blessing and his goodness, but God never gave him any children and he was mostly a loner. I imagined how his daughter would look like. I used some of the Renaissance motives and I put in the styling of the dresses.

When the image of the girls was clear in my mind, I remembered my childhood and how I played with my friends and I started creating dresses based on these images. Then I started to think about quality and comfort, as children’s main activity is play and “destroy” their clothes.









The photos were made by Koo Adrien at Budapest. Her studio is really welcoming and I felt really good at the shooting. Also, the children enjoyed the shooting and were patient until the shooting ended. For more information visit Koo Adrien site.

No comments: