Jul 13, 2013

Andrei Atomei

Hello my readers! I wrote some words before about Andrei Atomei’s work, but I was so interested about him that I took a chance to take an interview.


Please, introduce yourself to our readers...

Hello SM readers! I’m a fresh new graduated student at the Art school from Targu Mures. I’m passionate almost everything that has to do with art.

What your perspectives? Why did you start making art?

I started drawing in 7th grade, by trying to use my own imagination in a constructive way. After a period of exercise I started getting the basics. I came to realize that this is what I want to do in the future. When I draw, I feel like I’m freed from everything around me and I'd like to develop increasingly more on this plan.

Tell me about some of your work...

Everything I create is the results of my imagination. Generally I do Pop Art and Stencil Art, but I don’t miss on other forms of art. For example, during previous years in the high school I was the sketcher of a caricature magazine called "Underground Papiu". The CDs and comic thing I do in the city, is a technique used by an artist from Bucharest, an idea which I liked very much. Using my images and my few knowledge in Photoshop I recreated the art here in Targu Mures.




How did you start the illustration field?

I made ​​the transition from trying to do graffiti, to elements taken from several styles that led me to what I do today.




Why did you choose to work with spray?

In fact, sprays are not the only instruments I use. I like to work with any tool which suits me within a certain context, at a certain work. Most times, when I’m working with automatic spray I use bistoury, because stencil art works well with detailed templates and pre-made outlines with clean edge, all which requires a lot of time. Sprays are not necessarily something, within I find myself fully, but simply gives me more comfort, speed and wider coverage and uniform desktop/work place.




Who are your favorite modern artists? Can you explain, why?

As a modern artist I like Salvador Dali, I find him very interesting, because he succeeded in creating his own abstract world and style, which has fascinated thousands of people, including me. Taking Street Art for example, I greatly appreciate the British artist Banksy’s work; it being very suggestive and full of messages.

What is your plan for the future?

First I’d like to get into one of the faculties of graphics in the country hopefully this year or probably next year. If it’s about exhibitions, I prefer casual informal ones. Perhaps I will expose some of my works in certain areas of the city this year to lighten the urban world. They will be seen by people passing by that have only 10 second to spare taking a look.

What do you do in your free time when you’re not drawing?

Occasionally I’m playing bass guitar or at least I try. I’m similar to any young people of my age: I go out, drink beer, read, watch movies.

How can the SM readers reach you?

I have a blog where I post a lot of my work, at www.andreiatomei.blogspot.ro, but I haven’t had much contact with it lately, because of the exams, but soon I will return.

For closing this interview what would you say for the readers?

My message is that I’d like to encourage you to do art, as art represents culture. Peace.

No comments: